Author Topic: FE tech is what this section is for - please pay attention  (Read 6949 times)

Barry_R

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Survival Motorsports
Re: FE tech is what this section is for - please pay attention
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2013, 08:55:14 AM »
Not sure who to recommend in Illinois - but there has to be somebody capable around there.  We do work on cars on a very limited basis.  We had been doing more of that, but cut back on it this past year because it ate up a lot of time.  Squealing on start up sure sounds bad - could be a bearing.  If you want to I'd suggect sending me in a used oil filter - we could cut it open and see what's inside.

390Toz

• View Profile
Re: FE tech is what this section is for - please pay attention
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 11:16:25 PM »
   Help... I own a 1963.5 Galaxie 500 that is showing some signs of concern. I met you Barry a few years back at  the woodward cruise you handed my father your card as we passed the ford dealership where you were sitting watching the cruise.

I bought my galaxie in 08 with all the work all ready done to it. I was told the motor had about 2500 miles on it since it had been built.  It has a 390 motor with the following.    800 dbl pump holly carb, med rise intake. edelbrock performer alum. heads, crites headers, after market pistons, harland sharp roller rockers, lunati cam ".554 lift 280 dur". 8.8 plug wires.   

The concern is that i have had some very very thin metal shavings in the last to oil changes. I have had some issues with timing. The shaft to the distributor had broke and i had that fixed. And when i start the car  i can hear a loud squeal like a " loose belt " but that noise seems to be in the motor.    The noise goes away after a couple seconds while the motor is running.

My galaxie is not a full resto or a high dollar car. But i love it. I need help to figure out what is going on with it. I  really have know idea what it would cost to tear it down.  Anyone in the northern ill area you could suggest to work on it? If not does your shop work on cars of this level?

Any help would be much appreciated...
                                                                                  James.

Barry_R

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Survival Motorsports
FE tech is what this section is for - please pay attention
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 10:39:22 AM »
This section is for engine specific stuff - try to keep it on topic.  I do not intend or expect to need to moderate this very much - but don't push my buttons  8)