Author Topic: CONFESSION................  (Read 7502 times)

Bulletbirdman

• View Profile
Re: CONFESSION................
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2015, 12:31:43 PM »
This maybe a little late owned a few chevys, pontiacs, and Buicks but have always loved my fords but recently my town car went tits up on a trip to Houston and traded it on a Ram 1500 with the 5.7 Hemi  it hurts to say it but its the best truck I have ever had.
"What we have here is a failure to communicate"

63.5zCode

• View Profile
My one Chebbie vice
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2013, 03:26:52 PM »
My dad bought a neighbor's '60 El Camino in '72 for something like $300 shortly after I obtained my license for an extra car in the fleet.  Most days he drove it to work so I could be cool with the Galaxie in my sig.  We (well, Dad mostly) did a valve job on its I-6.  I think the machine job charged all of $50 for whatever they did.  Have to say the engine was so quiet it was easy to forget it was running.  So I've always had a soft spot in my heart for El Caminos up through 1967.
Late 63 Z-code Galaxie 500 Sport Hardtop, 4 speed, Rangoon Red, white top, black interior; maybe rebuild the 390 someday...

RLWEST

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2013, 12:17:30 PM »
Great, my first post, and it's a confession...   :'(

I drove a '75 El Camino as my company vehicle for a couple years back in the '70's.  Pretty nice, actually.

Never actually owned anything other than Ford/Mercury, tho..

RLWEST
Don't believe anything you read on the Internet.  Abraham Lincoln
RLWEST
Don't believe anything you read on the Internet! - Abraham Lincoln

65er

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2013, 03:30:44 AM »
You WHAT?!? UNNN-believable...

Well that'll be ok I guess.  I had a chevychevychevychevychevychevy and some more chevys.  A couple Pontiacs and Buicks aaaannd some more chevys. I really did like a few of those Chevy's too.. Enjoyed 'em quite a bit.  Then had a Chrysler, a Plymouth and a Dodge.  Really liked that '70 Duster a lot. Then a couple more Chevys if you count the Geo Metro (bought new from the Chevy dealer) And more recently a Hyundai that was a great car but completely anonymous and a piece o' crap Mazda. 

Then I got the Galaxie.  Only Ford I ever had, lol.
  I like it.
     A lot. 

Hoping to go to look at a '73 Maverick for my son this weekend.

Now you want a real confession?  Here ya go.  I've been very seriously considering putting a 460 in the Galaxie.  I realize that's practically a criminal activity around here but I promise I won't do it.  I'm starting to get the ball rolling again on a really nice FE stroker.  No 460 for me, I'm putting all the $$ into the engine, not swap pieces.  There, I got it off my chest finally

« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 03:32:16 AM by 65er »

427Fastback

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2013, 12:16:17 AM »
I have never owned a Olds or Buick but I have owned a few Chevies and Pontiacs.I have owned a few Studebakers as well.There is a token AMC in there as well....Cory
1967 Mustang coupe T/A replica
1968 Mustang fastback 427 4spd owned since 77
1936 Diamond T truck
1992 F-250 7.3 4x4

KMcCullah

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2013, 04:49:31 PM »
I put em in the same group as fat chicks and mopeds. They're all fun to ride but you DON'T want to be seen in public with em.

falcon428

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2013, 09:12:03 AM »
I have owned an Oldsmobile, it was there wagon that looked like the mid 80's Malibu station wagon.  I had it dropped to where it was about 2" off the ground.  No air bags back then just did a lot of scraping.  Can't say I overly enjoyed it, but did have a lot of fun in it.

Mechanically it was one of the few GM's that I have owned that secured my future with FORD's.  I have only owned three GM brand vehicles and all three made me look forward to getting back into a Ford.  Maybe it was just my luck? 

Barry_R

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Survival Motorsports
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 06:49:31 PM »
I don't think I ever owned an Oldsmobile...
I have owned a Chevy or two, a Pontiac, a Chrysler, and a Studebaker...

Woods

• View Profile
CONFESSION................
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 07:03:17 PM »
 I USED TO OWN A 65 CUTLASS  AND I ENJOYED IT.

Thanks Barry.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 08:11:37 PM by Woods »