Author Topic: I need a fresh breath of air  (Read 16697 times)

65galbill

• View Profile
Re: I need a fresh breath of air
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2015, 09:24:17 AM »
I would rather go with a 4.25 and keep the bores thick, the 15-850 is the pan I have it has the slosh baffle and trap doors.  My C4AE-Gs would be perfect on it with a little bigger valves, maybe 2.15 intakes and 1.6 exhausts.  I am really trying to get the money together because I know it will likely be my last engine and i want my son to have the experience of doing it.   The Galaxie with a 445 and C6 would be sweet, WW '65 is really impressive, and I don't want to step over the block.

If and when the BBMs will be used is when we have a block that can take 2.2 intakes, and likely an aftermarket block, they flow well enough to kill a factory 390-428 block, and a 445 with my heads and Mario428s intake would be perfect.   WE don't need that right now, and cant afford it, so we are just looking for something we can do.  470-480 hp and 500-510 lbs ft would be great.  I miss my profession badly.

Barry_R

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Survival Motorsports
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2015, 05:51:51 AM »
We use the Canton screen type tray in a lot of builds.  Not sure about the solid louvered tray.  But the screen and the pans clear everything with a 4.25 stroke and Scat rods.  No difference between the 4.125 and the 4.250 in terms of cost or assembly effort.  No reason or advantage to going with the smaller one in a moderate RPM street oriented build unless you really want to for philosophical reasons.

65galbill

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2015, 10:31:43 PM »
The original post, I am using an old version of Dragon Naturally Speaking to listen and type.  It did not give me a date.  I apologize to everyone, if I was a "whining" lunatic in 2014 I deserved it.  I am better now, I have taken your advice and it is working well.  I deleted my post, but i did mean what I said in that I appreciate your understanding.  I'll have to take the machine in and update it, usually this software works well with it. 

So if if I was whining lunatic in 2014, then thanks to the original poster for pointing it out.  I am not doing it any more.  I am going to share my experience and knowledge, and help anyone I can. 

BTW, how bad does a 4.125 stroker kit set you back compared to a 4.25, my deep sump Canton pan says on the instructions, max stroke 4.125.

I'll give no grief, I promise. 

Barry_R

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Survival Motorsports
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2015, 06:42:34 PM »
Bill,
Excuse me please - but what the hell are you typing about?

The last post in this thread was November of 2014.

Stangman

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2014, 06:48:48 PM »
I have a 63 motor so I have to run solids  I can't run hydraulics so adjusting don't bother me and ya know what you don't really adjust them as much as you think Plus It's not like I put to many miles on it

Karmann

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2014, 06:31:49 PM »
I remember discussing this with Barry. We agreed on hydraulic roller lifters from Morel with roller rockers from T&D. Even though I experienced a lifter failure this summer, I am very happy with this setup. My cam is done by 6k rpm anyway so no need for solids. I prefer the convenience of hydraulic lifters, especially since it is some work involved to get the valve covers off in a 67 'Stang :)

Stangman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2014, 05:53:13 PM »
Dude homemade tacos are one of my favorites I think it's a guy thing . I  forgot that your over there. You don't miss much spend a lot of money on food and apps and you eat I ten minutes  then wish you didn't eat so much Barry's done with motor but I am thinking about goin roller instead of solid

Karmann

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2014, 03:08:41 PM »
You have a good point Stangman. The last thing I want is for him to come over here.
No turkey as thanksgiving is not celebrated in this country, but my wife made a wonderful taco dinner tonight :)

Stangman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2014, 02:28:42 PM »
What's up Karmann how was your turkey it would be cool if more people would post on this forum but what happens when your buddy comes over be careful what you wish for you just might get it

Karmann

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2014, 10:03:35 AM »
Thats good to hear, Barry. I found the receipt for the shipping the other day and when I tried tracking the package, the last movement was in sept 4. when it said "Out for delivery". I was worried the package didn't make it and you were still waiting for it, maybe thinking I had conned you.

About Bill, I understand that he has some health issues, no one can have missed that due to the numerous post about it, but why does he need to whine about it all the friggin time? He is not the only one with health problems but I wouldn't dream about whining on a public forum about it, especially not a FE forum where it would have NO interest to the thousands of other members.
I don't get it but I am not the kind of guy who likes attention or is seeking pity from other people either. If you have problems, grow a pair of balls and deal with them, don't whine about them like a baby girl.
I think I'll just quit the other forum alltogether. 8 out of 10 posts starts with O/T anyway so the FE related posts with interesting topics are fewer and fewer. I just wish more people would visit THIS forum to up the rate of postings.

Have a nice weekend :)

Morten

Barry_R

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Survival Motorsports
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2014, 09:19:29 AM »
Yes.  I did get the stuff.  Thank You.

Can't let that stuff bother you too much.  I try - really try - to give Bill some room.  He's had a rough go and he gets way over excited and upset about things.  But he really does need to seek out somebody to talk things through with because he has some pretty serious issues to work through.

Stangman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2014, 08:39:15 PM »
you cant let someone like that get under your skin remember some are sicker than others dont give him that power over you

Karmann

• View Profile
I need a fresh breath of air
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2014, 08:02:36 PM »
I am so sick and tired of all the crap from that lunatic Bill Ballinger so I just needed a break. If you don't mind, Barry, can I sleep here on your couch tonight?
By the way, did you ever get the package I sent you back in september?