Author Topic: Is Engine Masters still a "Go"?  (Read 5260 times)

Stangman

• View Profile
Re: Is Engine Masters still a "Go"?
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2015, 11:47:17 PM »
Me neither I will make sure

Barry_R

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Survival Motorsports
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2015, 05:44:51 AM »
Some folks consider an "almost touches, but don't" to be an ideal situation.  As long as the potential contact is against a smooth surface it's Ok if they leave a witness mark during operation.  Kind of like a steady rest on a lathe, or putting your finger against a tuning fork, it takes some of the harmonics out of the system.  If you're going to be that brave you need to be damn sure that the touch point does not push the pushrod in any direction through the entire range of travel.

I'm not "that brave"....

Stangman

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2015, 09:22:51 AM »
Thanks Joe I will check them all they look close but aren't touching will check the bottoms

Joe-JDC

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2015, 11:37:31 PM »
What is the minimum on pushrods clearance
You don't want any witness marks on the pushrod or intake when going through full cycles at running temperatures or rpms.  It is not uncommon to see shiny spot on some Edelbrock intakes where the pushrods rub.  Just take a die grinder and remove the shiny area with the intake off, and wash thoroughly and reinstall.  I try to elongate the holes for myself, but for others, it depends on the pushrod od size, and the camshaft lift and rockers used.  Also, some folks cut the heads and intakes because of decking the block, which requires checking the clearances again.  All part of blueprinting.  Joe-JDC

Stangman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2015, 11:06:38 PM »
What is the minimum on pushrods clearance

Joe-JDC

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2015, 03:12:02 PM »
 ;) ;) Sounds like a plan!  Looking forward to meeting all the folks at Lima.  We run last on Thursday, and I will stay for Friday testing.  Hope to be able to watch your dyno testing.  Joe-JDC

Barry_R

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Survival Motorsports
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2015, 09:02:34 PM »
Pushrods clear with only minor tweakage.  We are making stepped tubes that will have a visible flange at the top.  That way we can "prove" that they are press fit into place without epoxy.  For whatever it's worth, Loctite interference fit products are not epoxy by definition.  An "epoxy" is a two part polymer that requires a catalyst to initiate curing.  Loctite is properly considered as a single part anaerobic adhesive that cures in the presence of metal and the absence of oxygen.   ;D

Joe-JDC

• View Profile
Hope it all comes together and performs well.
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2015, 08:28:12 PM »
The deadline is quickly approaching.  Life issues are always a surprise.  Good Luck!  Joe-JDC

Barry_R

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Survival Motorsports
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2015, 06:44:20 AM »
Slow progress.  Other things in "life" getting in the way.
We have heads installed, rockers test fit, pushrods ready.
Intake will be test fit again today (port match and such is fine - checking for pushrod clearance)
Marcella is working on a trick throttle body deal and some bigger headers.

Joe-JDC

• View Profile
Is Engine Masters still a "Go"?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2015, 12:05:34 AM »
How is it progressing?  Showing promise?  Just curious to see if all is falling into place for you this time.  Joe-JDC