Author Topic: Looking good Barry  (Read 11865 times)

machoneman

• View Profile
Re: Looking good Barry
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2013, 08:47:05 AM »
Hey Barry, thanks for the new forum. Between you and Jay, the FE world just got a lot bigger...and a lot better!

Karmann

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2013, 02:49:04 PM »
Starting up the forum was a lot easier than I thought it would be.  Just purchased the web name, and used the same guys to download the software - they do all the work for me.  Now don't make me try to do all the underlying programming stuff....

On the otehr hand I seem to have huge issues with phones - I am on my fourth in the past year.  I broke one dropping it from the forklift, had one (my favorite - a basic old Blackberry) just go bad, and have had one that I hated so much that I threw it accross the street... >:(

Hehe, phones can be a challenge. I'm currently using a Samsung Galaxy S3 and am quite happy with it. Nice big screen and Android OS which I like.

I sent you a Private Message here on the forum, please have a look.

Regards
Morten

Barry_R

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Survival Motorsports
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2013, 10:03:57 PM »
Cross linking pretty much guaranteed 8)

Its going to take me a while to get really active over here - need to concentrate on other stuff for the most part.

But it seemed like something that had to happen eventually.  As you know....

jayb

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2013, 08:47:34 PM »
Barry, good luck with the new forum.  I think for one thing it will be a great place to post all your dyno results, and that will be a nice reference area.  Looking forward to lots of cross-linking  ;D

Jay

Barry_R

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Survival Motorsports
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2013, 07:10:21 PM »
Starting up the forum was a lot easier than I thought it would be.  Just purchased the web name, and used the same guys to download the software - they do all the work for me.  Now don't make me try to do all the underlying programming stuff....

On the otehr hand I seem to have huge issues with phones - I am on my fourth in the past year.  I broke one dropping it from the forklift, had one (my favorite - a basic old Blackberry) just go bad, and have had one that I hated so much that I threw it accross the street... >:(

Karmann

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2013, 06:05:51 PM »
Yeah it seems like this texting thing only works one way.
Dude, you have just started up your own forum and then tell me that you're not a computer guy?  ;)

I use my phone alot for taking pictures and getting them into my computer is quite easy. I'm using an app called Dropbox. It's an online storage thing that lets me upload from the phone to their server(you can set it up to do this automatically) and then I can access my pics from any computer I want. And the best part is that it is free  :)
Or, you could just send me you phone in an envelope, hehe

Barry_R

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Survival Motorsports
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2013, 05:56:31 PM »
i was going to ask.  I sent a response out last night.  Phone said it went.  Seems you can text to me but they do not go back the other way.  I will need to get the images off of my phone.  You may not realize it - but I am not a computer guy.....

Karmann

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2013, 04:01:07 PM »
Phone battery is dead right now - I will text when it come back up.
I guess pictures do not work.

Still no text msg so I guess that doesn't work.
I'd appreciate an email with status and pics then please  ;D

Picked up my new aircleaner decal today ;D

falcon428

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2013, 08:27:58 AM »
Hopefully this forum will be full of technical stuff for those who wants to learn.
I'm pretty tired of a certain other forum where 8 of 10 threads start with O/T, there is absolutely no will to upgrade it to 21. century software and where the moderators delete every post they don't agree with. 

I have high hopes for this forum, Barry!  ;D

Best regards
Morten from Norway
Its such a great forum with the quality of members that's hard to find anywhere else.  All of that vast knowledge and years of experience and history all stuck in a prehistoric forum.  You get your head handed to you if you bring up anything about bringing the forum into the 21st century.

Thanks Barry for a new forum, hope it does well.

Barry_R

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Survival Motorsports
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2013, 08:28:55 PM »
Phone battery is dead right now - I will text when it come back up.
I guess pictures do not work.

Karmann

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2013, 08:07:53 PM »
I never received anything on my phone so I was pretty sure my text message never reached you?
I'm happy it did but I guess pics through phone doesn't work from US to Norway.
Please send pics through email instead.
Just for the fun of it, you could try sending a text message without pics to check if texting work?

Barry_R

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Survival Motorsports
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2013, 07:51:52 PM »
You should have gotten some on your phone via text - in response to your message.
Did anything come through?

Karmann

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 07:14:58 PM »
Yeah, I know you are very busy.
I would really like an update on my engine though. Preferably with pics as you told me  ;D

Best regards
Morten

Barry_R

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Survival Motorsports
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 12:27:24 PM »
This will be a work in progress, and not get a lot of my time until I get caught up on other tasks - as you know.

But I did want to get started on a backup plan for tech data and such.

I also wante to have a forum that is a little more free-wheeling as far as non-FE topics - so I am giving folks a place to discuss general stuff without stepping all over the technical areas

Karmann

• View Profile
Looking good Barry
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 08:32:02 AM »
Hopefully this forum will be full of technical stuff for those who wants to learn.
I'm pretty tired of a certain other forum where 8 of 10 threads start with O/T, there is absolutely no will to upgrade it to 21. century software and where the moderators delete every post they don't agree with. 

I have high hopes for this forum, Barry!  ;D

Best regards
Morten from Norway